We are thrilled to announce that the International School Grounds Alliance has just released a new 8 minute video, produced as a result of the September 2011 Engaging Our Grounds conference, held in California! Entitled, Voices from the International School Grounds Movement - California, 2011, the video includes interviews with individuals from seven countries who provide a wide variety of perspectives on the growing school ground movement around the world. The piece includes photographs of school grounds in Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Individuals interviewed for the video include (in order of appearance):
- Cam Collyer, Program Director, Evergreen (Canada)
- Dr. Petter Åkerblom, Landscape Architect, Movium (Sweden)
- Prof. Robin Moore, Director, Natural Learning Initiative (USA)
- Manfred Dietzen, Landscape Architect, Coordinator, Grün macht Schule (Germany)
- Dr. Ko Senda, Landscape Architect, Environment Design Institute (Japan)
- Ayesha Ercelawn, Garden Educator, Tule Elk Park Early Education School (USA)
- Arden Bucklin-Sporer, Executive Director, San Francisco Green Schoolyard Alliance (USA)
- Julie Mountain, Director, Play Learning Life (United Kingdom)
- Mary Jackson, Development Manager, Learning through Landscapes (United Kingdom)
- Helen Tyas Tunggal, Director, Learnscapes Planning and Design (Australia)
- Sharon Danks, Principal, Bay Tree Design, inc. (USA)
- Bernard Spiegal, Principal, PLAYLINK (United Kingdom)
- Birgit Teichmann, Dipl. Ing., Landscape Architect, Teichmann Landschafts Architekten (Germany)
Voices from the International School Grounds Movement was filmed and edited by Erika Brekke. It was co-produced by Erika Brekke and ISGA conference director Sharon Danks. The 2011 conference in California was co-hosted by New Village Press/ADPSR, San Francisco Green Schoolyard Alliance, and Bay Tree Design, inc.
Please JOIN US and help us to spread the word about this exciting piece!